Thursday, June 17, 2010

The here and now

While this post is not a response to Pilf's latest post, it does have some ties in, but this is something I have been trying to work through. I will not rehash or give more depth, than the posts already given, but I'll assume you have an idea of what has occurred in the past while. I have lost a lot in the past while, but also gained other things, one thing though, in losing I also lost some direction in regards WoW, I have played so long as the half of a team that I am having difficulty playing at he moment, that is not to say that I have not, nor can not play solo, I have done so and do do so successfully many times, but there is something in playing with someone else. Admittedly it is not something I have done in recent times for a variety of reasons, but it is something I have missed.

This is not meant as a finger pointing post, but just a statement. I used to joke that Pilf was the social half of the two us, and that I was just along for the ride, I have found that not to be true. While she can and does make friends more easily than I, and can talk more freely, if the social contact was not there I would miss it. So to my guildies, all my guildies, I thank you for keeping me sane, going and for putting up with my bouts of textual rantage I have from time to time.

---------------

In other news, this picture just makes me want to play the Worgen even more.

6 comments:

  1. I remember a chat we had the first day I met you in SAN, along the *not being social* lines. There is a big difference between *not being a big loud party animal* and *not being social*.
    There are some people who don't have to say very much for their presence to be felt, and you are one of them. I am sure I am not the only person who would miss you if you weren't around.
    As for the direction, having become co-dependant on levelling some characters now, I understand how they start to tie in together and it is difficult to imagine them not linked.

    And.. awesome wolf pic!! I can't wait now either :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when you consider the fact I was co-dependant on multiple characters for around 2 years....the tank to the healer as it were....well....*shrugs*

    And thanks, I'm not going anywhere, but I'm trying to sort my head out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was being undecisive about whether it's appropriate to comment, seeing as how... yeah.

    But 2 things:

    1) I didn't click the linky so your evil plan to expose me to the Worgen failed ;)

    2) I never doubted your ability to be sociable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fan-art, you are safe.

    You may not have had doubts, but I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. **not Snotty, Tam**

    You were/are quieter than Pilf, but I never thought you were not sociable.

    I am incapable of solo-levelling myself - if you have any characters in my level range I would always welcome company. Also if we could get a stalwart 3 together I'd be happy to take on the dreaded LFG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Considering the quantity of toons I have, I probably do, so I may take you up on that Tam, thanks for the offer. Just let me work out what I got.

    ReplyDelete