Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cataclysm and I

Right by now everyone who wishes to see the Cataclysm class previews has done so, so I thought, why not do a review of sorts from my point of view and that of the toons I play. You have been warned.

Right I'll do this in no particular order.

Rogue
Right, overall the combo point overhaul is a good thing, I think, at least how I'm reading it. The removal of the weapon specializations just make it that much easier to play, and maybe I'll finaly hit the end cap with a rogue...one day.....one day.

Mage
The mage changes seem to be focused on fire, or that seems to be my interpretation of it anyway, but I've always been interested in frost in some form or another, even when the end talent was lacklustre at best. But the frost mastery, Deathfrost, looks like it will be a lot of fun, especially of you count in Brain Freeze and the Arcane Missile change.

Warlock
The soul shard change has been a long time coming and I think the direction they are taking looks to be interesting. Though the most important thing is that the future looks Green.

Druid
Now how can I put my joy into words......hmmm......'come here little roguey.....I won't hurt you.....much.....' *evil grin*
Yes I'm feral.

Paladin
Weeeeeee, more buffs. I just glad they didn't make any more changes to seals, that was my biggest worry. Though the wording on Blinding Shield makes me nervous, just from a logistics point of view if nothing else. Also Healing Hands looks like it could be a great 'Oh shit!' button for tanks, but who knows yet.

Death Knight
The biggest thing for me out of all this is that Blood will be the tanking build, I'm worried that more people will take up Frost as a result, I like Frost, it helps distinguish me from all the nabs out there.

Shaman
Spirit will be my hit........my hit.......what the hell? Oh but I get more pew.......pewpewpewpewpew......eh that'll work for me.

Warrior
When I play warriors I play Arms, so all in all I think things are looking good for me, the Inner Rage thing looks especially fun though.

Last but no means least....
Hunter
I'm really happy about the stable changes, I need more slots, I really do. I might explain that at a later date, but not now. The focus changes? With experience I might be able to give you my view but seeing it from the abstract I have no clue. The ammo change, or rather the removal of arrows and quivers, yes and bullets and pouches, but I see it it as arrows. I'm not a big fan of this, true it'll save me gold in the long term, but at a loss of such things as this and the quiver model shown on my characters back? I'm just not sure it worth it. Petty aren't I?

I said last didn't I, but as I'm sure you may have noticed I missed out on priests, there is a reason for this, the Better Half plays a priest, if I did such a thing, she'd have to play a tank and though in my head it may sound fun , I have been told in no uncertain terms that this would be a bad thing, so I think I'll stay clear of priests. Especially as I got an early birthday present in the form of this from her. You want to know what is a really hard decision choosing which account got it, I have two, that was a painful few minutes, I mean I had to think hard. Thinking isn't my strong point......I'm not sure what is....maybe tangents......can tangents be a strong point....what was I talking about again....

1 comment:

  1. "The Better Half plays a priest, if I did such a thing, she'd have to play a tank ... I have been told in no uncertain terms that this would be a bad thing"

    QFT darling :)

    And this post needs MOAR tangents!! I hardly found any :(

    ReplyDelete