Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Changes

A lot has changed in the last month. I have made Argent Dawn my home now, as I'm sure the Better Half has too. As it is an Role-Playing server I was worried initially about how she would cope with it, but not for myself, as though I have RP'd before she hadn't. As I'm sure you all know, those worries were unfounded, and if I am being perfectly honest I feel both a bit jealous and intimidated by how well she has done in this regard. I guess I can put it down to playing my toons as me rather then as them.....did that make any sense?...ah well carrying on.

Right as this is now my home, I felt guilty about leaving my 80's on my old home server, however I felt I owed the guild I was in not to desert them, even though I had barely logged on in about 3 months or raided since before 3.3 hit. But as I was trying to think about what to do, I noticed a new thread on the guild forum, they were going to transfer server, to try and get into a larger pool of players, so as to increase their raider pool, which was in difficulty, even before I stopped raiding.So in the end Fiach, Fiatim and Naofa transferred over to AD.

The problem was that I already had a Naofa on the server, so Naofa, the first, became Afaon. I know it not an actual reverse, but this name apparently means Lawgiver or some such, so cool, unintentional, but cool. And here he is in his rp outfit.
It wasn't an intentional outfit though, he's had it in his bank since the pre-Wrath event, but he is fairy unique among the rest of the paladins kicking round I think.

Fiach had a similar problem in that his name was already taken, not by me, but the result is the same. So Fiach became Shisato, a name I pulled from MtG. Something I played a lot at Uni, but no more. Ah well, the cards have been 'inherited' but my brother so money not really wasted I guess. Anyhow here he is.
Fiatim is still himself, still a Night Elf and still called Fiatim, aren't unique names fun? So no real point posting a pic of him, but what the hell.A fun fact about Fiatim, his gear is.....well how to put this, it's Naxx 25 gear with the odd piece of Ulduar 10/25 and TotC 25, why is this fun you may ask. Simple there is a complaint going round that people farm heroics and buy T-9 with no real sense on how to play, my gear may be worse in regards ilevel to those I may pug with, but by hell it shows I know what I'm doing. Also make me laugh that in caster form I have more health than the dps, with their 'uber' gear. It amazing how fast they shut up about my 'lack' of gear. Actually if I think about it, most of my toons seem to 'lack' in gear compared to others, yet I hold my own when I have to, always fun when that happens.

On a not completed unrelated note my screenshots folder is a mess, so I think I'll go sort that out.

2 comments:

  1. Still the most beautiful pet ever - with a name that reflects this :)

    And Afaon looks fab (no bias at all). Although Pilf didn't actually speak to him, she sure as hell looked.... Possibilities, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things have worked out for the best (imo) :)
    Lovely screenies :)
    and we are all jealous of Pilf's RP skills :)

    ReplyDelete