Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cataclysm and I: Part 2

I wasn't intending to write a part 2, but here is one nonetheless. In regards Cataclysm previews, or any expansion for that matter, there falls in general two kinds of people, those who read everything they can find, and those who want to know nothing. Now I know that not everything is as black and white as that, that there are an infinite shades of grey in between, but you get the idea. Now, up until recently as the Better Half has said I read everything I could find on an expansion, but...now... Now, I'm not so sure, as many of you are aware leaks have started and the biggest collection of things is as ever on MMO-Champion, what in my case was I was looking at the images and going cool and stuff, but.....but.... If I have to put a finger on it, it is the maps and screenshots, I can look at the image models fine, but the other stuff, it made me kind of, well, queasy to look at. I think at heart I am an explorer at heart, I like discovering things within games. I'll give you one example now of one of my favourites, the Venture Co. mine in Mulgore, now most people know of this mine, at the very least. But I doubt many actually go further than is necessary for the quest, I was among those until I got bored and was farming copper one day. The following screenshots are a visual tour if you will of this little visited spot.

The entrance we all know and love.

Bit big in here.

Look at all the room.

The other side of the mine.

A look back at the entrance/exit.

Looking down at the Golden Plains below, with Red Rocks barely visble.

Oh look an Engineering Trainer.....wait wut?

The view from the Engineers camp.

This is but one example, but there are more the infamous Dwarven farms for one.....or is it for lots?, mneh.....you get the idea, these types of things I think I want to discover for myself, rather than see third hand as it were.

That said I can stand to see Blizzard's Screenshot of the Day and the odd image, but I'll leave it at that. Though I will be looking looking at the talent trees and spells and what not. I need something to get my 'ooooooh shiney' fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment