Saturday, May 1, 2010

An Evening Spent

(My second attempt.......I really should use tags or something.....one day...)

I am not used to this, this feeling a nervousness in my life, but I managed to overcome it. I have seen her, Pilfkin in the city streets. I know from her response to my gift that she was willing to meet with me, but as I know what she looks like and she did not know me, I had to make the first move. And making that move was harder then I thought it would be. This I should have realised through the experiences of my life I have become somewhat aloof from my fellow Blood Elf, I am not as sociable as they are with one another, though I have come to tolerate those of the other races that we are now allied with, you fight beside them it hard not to like them. But that is another matter. Even here in my thoughts it easier to think of the field of battle, then Pilfkin and my....my interest in her.

I introduced myself to her and she thanked me for her gift. It was a simple gesture, but she is worthy of it and more, I think. No, I know. She seemed to feel uneasy in my company at first, but she suggested a walk in the forest, and I was more than happy to accompany her. We talked of simple things as we walked, though she kept looking behind me at times. We stopped at a crossroads considering which path to take and I saw what had been troubling Pilfkin on our way there. I am ever followed by a Haunt, it has followed me so long and been with me that I often forget that he/it is there. I tried to alleviate any worries she had, that the Haunt was a student of mine, akin to how her cousin Naofa was. But this student was brash and foolhardy and well did not learn well, or at all. But he now serves as an object lesson, 'Learn well your lessons and guard yourself well or this is your fate.' Though in saying this I raised her concerns of her cousin. Such concerns are unfounded he learned his lessons well and I no longer see him as someone I had once mentored, but as a Brother-in-Arms of sorts, someone I am willing to fight beside without worry or fear. And there I go again.

We continued along to the coast. I have seen many coasts and many seas but the seas beside Silvermoon have always held a hold over me, more so that evening. Pilfkin has a beauty that I have not seen in a time, and she leaves me speechless. Thankfully the silence between us was a pleasant one. She had expressed that she was at a disadvantage, that I knew some of her, through my discussions with Naofa, and that she knew little of me. I tried to lessen that, by giving her some background on myself and my family, or at least my brothers, Shisato a hunter more at home with his pets than others and Zat a warlock whom with are unsure of, there was an incident with a portal to the Twisting Nether, and as such we haven't seen him since. In short we are a family of independents. As I discussed my family Pilfkin discussed hers, while I had some idea of it from Naofa's viewpoint, I did not grasp it from hers, I better understand it now though.

As the time passed I felt more at ease in her company and I felt again that there were similarities between us that I wish to...explore. But as the hour grew late, Pilfkin, indicated that she needed to return soon lest she get into trouble with the family and I understood that. I did not expect that we should race nor did I know that she was in possession of the rare white hawkstrider, as once favoured by Kael'thas Sunstrider. Such was my surprise of these that I......that lost the race. Thinking back maybe it was a good thing I lost.

We walked back into the city and we said our goodbyes and I expressed my wish that we could walk together again and she accepted. I am unsure of what the future holds, but at the very least I would see her as my friend, perhaps.......

2 comments:

  1. See, you SO _can_ do this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Pilf said :)

    Go you! This was perfect.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete